Saturday, April 24, 2010

Health, Wellness & Politics.

After finding out that I began the movement that will attempt to remove junk food from our cafeteria and reform teen eating habits in general, a friend called me a liberal. I must say that I was quite shocked to be given such a label based on my efforts (for those who don't personally know me, I am quite the conservative). Today, I was asked by a sponsor if we were going to be working in a bipartisan effort in regards this movement. Once again, politics were brought into question. It is my belief that health, nutrition and wellness in general is beyond the realm of partisanship, no matter what your brand of politics happens to be. Health is an issue that ultimately determines quality life and happiness, two concepts that should not be impacted by biased points of view. More on this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment